Guide to Employer Registration in China
The Administrative Center of Shanghai R&D Public Service Platforms. Shanghai S&T Talents Development Center. Shanghai Service Center for Foreigners Working in China.
I. Access to the System
II. Registration Process
1. The Employer shall register and complete the information online.
2. After the employer submits the information and uploads all original documents online, a handler shall take the original Employer Registration Form and copies of all the employer’s documents (stamped with the official seal) for real-name registration at the reception window (without waiting for approval upon submission to the system)
3. Policy Release
For policies, guides, and some sample forms and commitments for Foreigner’s Work Permit in China, please refer to the website of Shanghai Municipal Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs at http://shafea.sh.gov.cn and the website of Shanghai R&D Public Service Platform at http://www.sgst.cn
III. Guide to Employer Operations
The user shall open the browser and enter the website address. In the upper right corner of the website, there is the “Register Now” button. For any new user, please click the “Register” button to enter the registration prompt page. After reading the registration instructions, please click the “I know” button to enter the registration information page.
Please fill in the unified credit code/organization code/approval certificate number and name of the employer accurately, enter the mobile phone number to obtain the verification code, set the password and click “I have read and accepted the user agreement” button, and then click the “Start Registration” button. Please choose the place of registration or of office (Supplemented with the lease contract or ownership certificate) in the list of Administrative Regions where the employer’s registration is accepted as the place of business receiving. Once “Registration Completed” is shown, please lick the “Login Now” button in the upper right corner to enter the employer information page.
3. Complete the Employer’s Information
After entering the employer account, please click on “Complete the Employer’s Information” on the right. All contents shall be filled out truthfully according to the information on the certificates held by the employer. After entering the information, please click “Save” and then the “Print the Employer Registration Form” button (it is recommended to export for backup. Please do upload the printed stamped registration form as a colored electronic attachment to the “Attachments” of the system)
4. Uploading the Original Documents
Please do upload the necessary attachments as required. Note: All attachments shall be uploaded in originals in color. Only when the page shows “Uploading Completed” does it mean that the files have been uploaded. The required attachments are as follows:
1. Employer Registration Form – Original Copy – Stamped with the official seal of the entity
2. Legal Registration Proof – Original Copy – Unified Social Credit Code Certificate (Preferentially if any), Business License, Registration Certificate for a Private Non-Enterprise Entity, Organization Code Certificate Social Insurance Registration Certificate, Registration Certificate of a Resident Representative Office of a Foreign Enterprise, or Registration Certificate of a representative Office of an Overseas Non-Governmental Organization, etc.
3. Identity Certificates of the Department Head and the Handler (and the Letter of Authorization of the Handler) – Original Copy
4. Industry License – Original Copy – For pre-approval by the industry competent authority by law, an approval document of the industry competent authority is required.
5. Approval Certificates Issued by the Relevant Departments – Original Copy – E.g. Approval Certificate for Enterprises Funded by Investors from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao, and replies from high-tech enterprises and headquarters of multinational companies in Shanghai.
6. Letter of Authorization of the employer – Original Copy – If the procedure is passed to a professional service agency, please provide the Letter of Authorization of the employer and specify the authorized entity and the matter(s) authorized.
7. Other Documents – Original Copies
1. If there is any updating in the registration, please provide the updated documents with the official seal of the Foreign Affairs Department of Human Resources Department of the employer.
2. If there is any change in the office address, economic type, etc. please provide the legal registration certificates issued by relevant administrative departments, e.g. the Letter of Approval, the Business License, the Registration Certificate for A Private Non-Enterprise Entity, the Unified Social Credit Code Certificate, or the Organization Code Certificate.
3. If the applicant becomes the legal representative or chief representative, please provide the changed Business License, Registration Certificate for A Private Non-Enterprise Entity, Organization Code Certificate, Social Insurance Registration Certificate, or Registration Certificate and Representative Certificate of. Resident Representative Office of a Foreign Enterprise in China.
4. The approval certificate issued by relevant departments include those issued by multinational companies, headquarters of multinational companies in China (identified by the Ministry of Commerce of the PRC), enterprise groups (holders of the Enterprise Group Registration
Certificate, including parent companies, subsidiaries and branches), central enterprise and their subsidiaries, national high-tech enterprises (identified by the Ministry of Science and Technology of the PRC), enterprise engineering research centers (identified by the National Development and Reform Commission of the PRC), engineering labs (identified by the NationalDevelopment and Reform Commission of the PRC), engineering technology research centers (identified by the Ministry of Science and Technology of the PRC), enterprise technology centers (identified by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the PRC), and local technical innovation service platforms (identified by corresponding Ministry/Bureau of Science and technology).
5. The reception authority or the decision-making authority may require the employer to provide other documents up to the basic conditions of the employer.
6. Those professional service agencies authorized with the procedure of application, extension, changing, cancellation or re-submission shall submit the Letter of Authorization of the employer, in which the authorized entity, the authorized person and his/her ID number and telephone number, and the authorized matters shall be clearly specified. That is, the professional service agency, the authorized person and the corresponding authorized matters shall be clearly specified.
5. Fill-in the Handler Information
After the attachments are uploaded, please fill in the information of the handler, who shall be staff of the employer, and then click the “Submit for Review” button. Only when “Saved” is shown does the information of the handler have been added to the account.
6. Amendment and Cancellation
After submitting the account information, and before it is reviewed, the employer can click the “Cancel the Current Operation” button to turn the account information unsubmitted again. Upoon cancellation, the employer can amend the information and then submit.
7. Real-name Registration
After submitting the account information and uploading all original documents online, without the necessity to wait for the system’s feedback, the employer shall take the original Employer Registration Form and copies of all the employer’s documents (stamped with the official seal) for real-name registration at the reception window. Upon approval, the reception authority shall not notify separately.
8. Completion of Registration
The employers approved can normally handle relevant business, while those not approved cannot.
*This Instruction is made and executed in both Chinese and English. In case of any discrepancy between the two languages, Chinese version shall prevail.
Source: Foreigners Working in China. Guide to Employer Registration. No.1 Shanghai Public Security Bureau Exit-Entry Management Bureau (1500 Minsheng Rd, Pudong, Shanghai, China)